Friday, September 24, 2021

Lighthouse Views

 I went over to Robert Moses State Park the other day. I hadn't sketched the Fire Island Lighthouse in a while. Parking so that I was facing the dunes, I dug through my beach bag only to realize I couldn't find any paper that was really suitable for watercolor. I finally gave up and used a sketchbook that is barely suitable for ink so needless to say the paper buckled. At least it didn't pill.


I moved the car a little...those clouds were calling me. I used the other sketchbook I had with me. The paper was a bit thicker so it didn't buckle quite as much. Of course later when I was sitting on the beach I found that I had a few small pieces of watercolor paper in a baggie in one of the front pockets of the beach bag. lol 



3 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the case? ;-) Twice now I thought I had lost a pencil, only to find it later in the bottom of my bag. ;-) You definitely captured those clouds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I'm always looking for something that pops up later in the supplies I had with me. I guess it is common when we go out sketching.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we always find the tools after the fact…. These are great sketches. I like your lighthouses, always.

    ReplyDelete