Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Beach Time

 Sunday was a cloudy, breezy day and I was looking for a place to sketch. I was a bit worn out after my day with the NYC Urban Sketchers on Saturday, but had to pick up a painting in Patchogue from an exhibit that was closing. I ended up stopping at a small beach in Bayport. I think the playground was actually bigger than the beach itself, but it is nice to have any beach on the Great South Bay. It is especially good for families because the area is usually small and the swimming area is roped off.  I also like about that they usually aren't crowded and you don't have more than a few steps before you are on the actual sand.



3 comments:

  1. This is super Joan - you sure portrayed the breeze with the grasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely depiction of a summer scene. I'm thinking how the beach views always energize you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fine! I like your color choices and descriptive strokes.

    ReplyDelete