Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Astoria Park - Part 2

 After my first sketch in Astoria Park I slowly walked up to where we were meeting for lunch. That is a special time because in the morning most of the sketchers are scattered all over and usually you don't know all the members that are actually there. But most of them do show up for lunch! It was great to see everyone and catch up with them.

After lunch I returned to the same location as before but I turned toward the opposite direction. This is the view looking through underneath the Triborough Bridge. Of course NYC isn't NYC without a touch of graffiti, so I included that where it was on the wall.


I always love to sketch other sketchers at work. Mark was seated nearby and was sketching the same view of Hell's Gate Bridge that I posted yesterday.


Someone snapped a photo of me sketching Mark.


At 3:00 we met up again for "show & tell." There were about 20 of us there on Saturday and it is always fun to see the variety of sketches from the same location. Lewis always takes photos of each member with at least one of their sketches.


The day was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted. My sketching stamina isn't what it once was because I'm out of practice sketching all day. My hip felt OK on Saturday, but I knew I had overdone the walking at the park. (Walking to the ladies room was farther than I remembered.) On Sunday I could feel that I had done too much...but I think it was worth it.


2 comments:

  1. Great photos and summary of your day with the NYC USk! I sure missed a fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Love seeing you as well as your beautiful sketches. So pleased you are getting out.

    ReplyDelete