Monday, March 8, 2021

Statue of Liberty

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers and Urban Sketchers Paris held a joint sketching event on Zoom. It was hosted by a member from each country. Each member sketched the other country's Statue of Liberty. When we split up into smaller groups each had a member or two from the Paris sketchers. Our group had one member and then the organizer from Paris joined us. There was a lot of great conversation and sharing. The NYC members were lucky because Paris actually has six versions of the Statue of Liberty. I decided to sketch the one that is at the Musee' d'Orsay in Paris. I liked being able to see the wonderful windows behind the statue. The Musee' d'Orsay has wonderful architectural designs that just set off the statue so well!



5 comments:

  1. This is special and well done. Have you ever sketched our statue in NY from life? Seems like I remember one, but you know my memory……...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I've only sketched it from a distance, never close up. I know I've had it in sketches several times.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Joan and so interesting to learn that the French have so many of the statues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had seen this one at the Musee' d'Orsay the last time I was in Paris and had seen one of them on a boat tour. A few are in locations I didn't visit.

      Delete
  3. Nice information about the Statue of Liberty, Thanks for sharing.
    We brings you exclusive Tour packages according to your requirements, Take the wonderful tour of Same Day Agra Tour by Car with the expert Guidance. Here you can found the beauty of marble inlay products, How the artisians made the Marble Inlay Table Tops.

    ReplyDelete