Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Shed

 I think I am slowly sketching all the businesses near me. This is a restaurant in Sayville called The Shed. I ate there once before Covid and sat inside. Now when I pass there are usually people seated at the picnic tables outside. The day I sketched this it seemed funny to see these ladies all bundled up in winter jackets and hats, sitting next to an outdoor heater, but under an umbrella. I hope they were warm enough. I don't think I would be comfortable sitting outside like that. I like to be comfortable.



4 comments:

  1. This tells such a story. You sketch out and about so much that I can see how you might be searching for something new after a while. The nice thing is the cars, people or light change and make a new scene entirely. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what is good...the slightest change can make a totally different scene.

      Delete
  2. A fun sketch Joan although the umbrella seems pretty unnecessary - lol. I agree with you about comfort too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan when you look back on this sketch you will have captured a time when life was anything but normal. Super job friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete