Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Bubba's Burito Bar

After sketching at the East Islip Marina I headed into Islip for lunch. There is a cute place called Bubba's Burito Bar. It gets very crowded and recently they enlarged the place. I hadn't been back since they finished. I don't think they created much more seating (which is definitely needed) but it is a bit roomier and there are low tables in addition to the hightop along one side as well as a bar with seating. The counter where you order is still a fun spot with openings you can look through and see the workers in the kitchen. I always love seeing the names of the different beers that they have. I lucked out and got a table so I was able to sit and sketch the counter. I did the sketch in pencil and went over it with ink at home. I didn't want to take up a table for too long. :)


3 comments:

  1. What a treat! Knew this would be great just by reading about Bubba's. And I was right:) You've put in the perfect amount of detail! Thanks for the smile, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! It is a fun place to sketch. I'll have to go back and do one in color.

      Delete
  2. This is great, it made me smile, too. The beer names are neat.

    ReplyDelete