Thursday, June 6, 2019

30 x 30 Day 6 and Swan River Preserve

My Day 6 painting for the 30 x 30 Direct Watercolor Challenge was done in East Moriches at a garden center. The tractor (with its flat tires) was off to the side.
#30x30directwatercolor #directwatercolor2019


Last night my sketch group met at Swan River Preserve in Patchogue. There is a train trestle bridge that is always interesting to sketch. I used my brown Noodler's ink which isn't waterproof. I guess it worked but I didn't have much control of how it bled.


There was some wildlife at the preserve.





3 comments:

  1. the sketches are really wonderful, Joan.. I especially love the wildlife at the preserves... Beautiful photos as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! that tractor had to be a tough one to do direct - how brave you are Joan!. I rather like the way the ink bled in the second painting - a looser look than your usual but very nice anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tractor is perfect and the bridge is right on. Lovely. Thanks for the photos, too.

    ReplyDelete