Monday, September 8, 2014

Bellport Sailboat and Sunset

Last Wednesday the Patchogue Sketch Club met down by the dock in Bellport. There are always some sailboats pulled up on the beach like this one. The sun is starting to set so much earlier now. I tried to leave the sky until nearly last so I could put some color into it.

We were there long enough for me to do a small sketch of the Bellport Yacht Club and the sun setting behind it. The colors were soft in the sky in this direction which is southeast.


6 comments:

  1. Two beautiful sketches, Joan. The first one is amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the boat and love those greens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both skies are awesome, Joan! What great places you always paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hilda, Lorraine, and Sherry. I sometimes feel like I paint the same places over and over. Luckily I do get to travel a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan - these are wonderful. I so enjoy seeing your boats...you portray them so well. Hope the weather holds out so you can get lots more of these done before the snow flies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Debbie. We are surrounded by them out here. lol

    ReplyDelete