Tuesday, October 1, 2024

North Sea Road Market and More

I recently went to Sag Harbor to meet friends for lunch. It was a beautiful day, so I wanted to stop and sketch something before heading home. The Deli Fresh Market & Seafood caught my eye. How could I pass this up?


My car needed its annual inspection in September so I made a visit to my local Nissan dealership. I brought along my iPad and did a sketch of the plant that was in the waiting room.

I'm sure many of you have been following the stories of the damages from the recent hurricane that passed through quite a few of our states on the east/central part of our country. Sadly it affected a friend who was part of the NYC Urban Sketchers for years. Denise moved to Asheville NC when she retired from teaching to live out her dream of opening an art studio for printing. I've seen photos of the studio and have enjoyed seeing the classes and exhibits she has held. The flooding from the hurriccompletely destroyed everything in her studio. It was under 15 feet of water for 72 hours. Her life's work, artwork of other artists, printing presses, and studio furnishings are ruined, covered in mud, or just gone. She put her heart and soul into her studio in the River Arts District. I know insurance will cover some of her losses, but I know it will take a lot of energy and willpower to pull herself up and start again. Luckily Denise still has a safe place to live. The entire arts district in Asheville is facing the same future. 
My heart aches for all of them! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your sketcher friend...what a devastating storm it has been.

    ReplyDelete