Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sketching at CEED

On Sunday the sketch group component of the South Bay Art Association got together at CEED in Brookhaven for a sketching session. There were only 5 of us who showed up but we had a good time sketching and talking. 

There were several raised beds planted with vegetables and flowers. There were a few eggplants growing, but there were very few tomatoes. I think those get picked as soon as they turn red.

 



There was a table by the building that was filled with a lot of cacti and succulents. I sketched a few of them. One of the workers told me that the plant on the right with the huge leaves is over 40 years old. I thought that was rather impressive.


Here are a few of our members working on their sketches.







4 comments:

  1. Awwww, so nice to see the sketchers. Also great to sketch the plants on the vines. Our great grands are growing some beautiful corn in Kentucky. Makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always wanted to grow tomatoes...but I don't get enough sun on my patio. :(

      Delete
  2. Joan wonderful botanicals. Loved seeing the sketchers at work...so nice folks can get together and enjoy each other and share the joy of making art. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to sketch with other people once in a while. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete