Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Fishing at the Lake

 This is one of my paintings done one Tuesday morning recently with my plein air group. We were by a lake in Yaphank. From what I can tell from the map this is Upper Lake and it doesn't have a more distinctive name than that. There were two men fishing, but I left one out. This is still a bit of a work in progress. I think I need to make the water reflections a bit different in color from the colors of the actual trees. Any suggestions? The painting is 8 x 10.




6 comments:

  1. Joan this is so lovely. You did a beautiful job capturing Autumn' s fall colours. The fisherman adds to the story too. P.S. our snow is gone and tomorrow to be in the sixties. Back to cold and blustery on Thursday. Guess we will adjust to the thought that winter is coming. Glad you kept safe with the tornado. Strange weather for this time of the year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Our weather lately feels like winter in the morning and then fall in the afternoon. lol Luckily we haven't had snow like you did. Stay safe and warm. Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  2. Joan, I like this and the colors. I’m not sure about reflections. Looks pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. I try to avoid reflections if I can. lol

      Delete
  3. I really like this one, too. The composition is wonderful and that fisherman completes the scene. I can see where your concerns are with the reflections. Maybe shorten the tree reflections a bit and make it lighter? Anyway, I'm sure you'll find the answer to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete