Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Big Duck

 Out east of me in Flanders is a building in the shape of a duck. It was built in 1931 by a duck farmer and he used it as a shop to sell ducks and duck eggs. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. I love how they decorate it for the holidays! While I sat there in my mobile studio sketching at least 10 carloads of people stopped to take selfies with the big duck. I should have include a person in the sketch so you had some concept of the size of this. You can stand upright easily in the body of the duck.  You can see the other sketch I did of it back in 2011 here.



5 comments:

  1. Amazing Joan. What a unique building. That certainly took some imagination to build this building. Have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! He definitely had one unusual idea. I've never been inside. I love it!!! Hope you are well. Have a Happy New Year!!! I'm hoping 2021 will be a better year.

      Delete
  2. Too strange. I am glad you gave the link to the previous painting of this so that I could see the whole concept. Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, fun to see. Great find to sketch. I like both views.

    ReplyDelete