Friday, May 20, 2011

Boat on the Grass & Spring Greens


On Wednesdays the Patchogue Sketch Club meets at a location near us. This week we went to the Maritime Museum in Sayville. It had been raining on and off all day, but I knew there were spots to paint where you could sit in your car. I got there about 4:30 and started the painting of the boat. By 5:00 it was raining so hard that it looked like a monsoon. My friend, Susan, pulled up in her van, but it was raining too hard to switch vehicles. By the time I finished the boat the rain had let up a bit and I joined Susan in her van. She was facing an area that is part of the golf course, so I did a second painting.

3 comments:

  1. NICELY DONE!!! LOVE THAT BOAT AND GRASS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan ... lovely work ... I love the freshness of the colours and the variations in tones...
    Thankyou for visiting my blog... your comment means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete